Carmelo Anthony and La La Were Married for This Many Year
|2003||Carmelo and La La meet in New York City|
|2004||Carmelo is drafted by the Denver Nuggets|
|2005||Carmelo and La La start dating|
|2010||Carmelo and La La get engaged|
|2011||Carmelo and La La get married in New York City|
|2017||Carmelo and La La announce their separation|
|2018||Carmelo and La La officially file for divorce|
|2021||Carmelo and La La’s divorce is finalized|
During their time together, Carmelo and La La welcomed a son named Kiyan Anthony who was born on March 7, 2007. The couple frequently appeared at various events together including NBA All-Star games and fashion shows.
- Met: 2003
- Engaged: 2004
- Married: July 10, 2010
- Son born: March 7, 2007
- Separated: April 2017
Carmelo Anthony is a professional basketball player who has played for teams such as the Denver Nuggets, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder and Portland Trail Blazers. He is considered to be one of the best scorers in NBA history with over twenty thousand career points.
La La Anthony is an actress, television personality and businesswoman. She has appeared in several movies such as “Think Like a Man” and “Baggage Claim”. She also starred in her own reality TV show called “La La’s Full Court Life”. In addition to her acting career, she has written a book titled “The Love Playbook” which provides relationship advice.
Who is Carmelo Anthony
Anthony has had a successful career in the NBA with various teams throughout his tenure. In addition to playing for the Denver Nuggets, he has also played for:
- New York Knicks (2011-2017)
- Oklahoma City Thunder (2017-2018)
- Houston Rockets (2018-19 season)
- Portland Trail Blazers (2019-present)
In addition to his success on the court, Carmelo Anthony is also known for his philanthropic efforts through The Carmelo Anthony Foundation which focuses on education and recreation programs for children and families. He is also involved in numerous other charities such as Feed the Children and Stand Up To Cancer.
Early life and career
Carmelo Anthony was born on May 29, 1984, in Brooklyn, New York. He grew up in the Red Hook housing projects and attended Towson Catholic High School in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Anthony led his high school team to a record of 26-3 during his junior year
- He was named the Baltimore Catholic League’s Player of the Year twice (2001-02)
- During his senior year, he averaged 23 points and ten rebounds per game
In college, Carmelo Anthony played for one year at Syracuse University before declaring for the NBA draft. During his freshman year with the Syracuse Orange:
- He helped lead them to their first-ever National Championship title in men’s basketball history
- The team finished with an overall record of 30-5 that season
- Carmelo Anthony was named NCAA Tournament MVP after averaging over twenty points per game throughout March Madness
In February 2011, Carmelo Anthony was traded to the New York Knicks where he played for six seasons:
- During his first full season with the Knicks (2011-12), he set a franchise record by scoring thirty or more points in seven consecutive games
- In 2013, Anthony won his only scoring title when he averaged 28.7 points per game throughout the regular season
- During his tenure with New York, he was named an All-Star five times and earned two All-NBA selections
In addition to playing for Denver and New York, Carmelo Anthony has also had brief stints with other teams:
- Oklahoma City Thunder (2017-18)
- Houston Rockets (2018-19)
- Carmelo joined Portland Trail Blazers in November 2019 where he is currently playing.
Who is La La Anthony
Since then La La Anthony has appeared in several movies such as:
- “You Got Served” (2004)
- “Think Like A Man” (2012)
- “Baggage Claim” (2013)
In addition to her work as an actress, La La Anthony also starred in her own reality TV show called “La La’s Full Court Life”. The show followed her life with husband Carmelo Anthony and their son Kiyan. She is also known for being a successful businesswoman with ventures that include:
- A makeup line with Motives Cosmetics
- A clothing line called “5th & Mercer”
- An endorsement deal with Caress Body Wash
Early life and career
In addition to his success on the court, Carmelo Anthony has also been involved in several off-court ventures throughout his career. These include:
- Co-founding a media and marketing company called Creative 7 which works with athletes, artists and brands
- Becoming an ambassador for luxury watch brand Haute Time
- Serving as executive producer of a documentary series called “African American Icons” which aired on Aspire TV
Carmelo Anthony’s contributions both on and off the basketball court have cemented him as one of the most recognizable figures in professional sports today.
Aside from his basketball career, Carmelo Anthony has also pursued acting. He has appeared in several films and TV shows:
- “Think Like a Man” (2012)
- “Baggage Claim” (2013)
- “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows” (2016)
- “Power” (TV series, 2019-2020)
In addition to his on-screen roles, Carmelo Anthony is also an executive producer for “Blood Brothers”, a documentary about his friendship with fellow NBA player LeBron James.
The beginning of their relationship
Carmelo Anthony and La La Vazquez first met in 2003 while filming MTV’s Total Request Live. At the time, Carmelo was a rising NBA star playing for the Denver Nuggets, and La La was an up-and-coming television personality.
The couple hit it off right away and began dating shortly after their first encounter. Their relationship quickly became serious as they attended various events together, including fashion shows and red carpet premieres.
- Met: 2003
- Began Dating: Shortly after meeting on Total Request Live
- Attended various events together including fashion shows and red carpet premieres
Meeting each other
Carmelo Anthony and La La first met in 2003 while they were both attending a party hosted by DJ Clue. The two hit it off immediately and began dating shortly after.
- They got engaged in 2004
- The couple exchanged vows on July 10, 2010 at Cipriani’s in New York City
- The wedding was an extravagant affair with over three hundred guests in attendance including celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, LeBron James and Spike Lee
Carmelo has spoken publicly about how important his wife is to him:
“My wife is my backbone. She’s the one that keeps me level-headed. She’s the one that calms me down when I might get too high or too low.”
In interviews over the years, Carmelo has spoken about how he knew from the moment he met La La that she was someone special:
“I didn’t know I was going to marry her when I first started dating her,” he said during an interview with MadameNoire. “But I knew it probably like a year later.”
The couple welcomed their son Kiyan Anthony on March 7, 2007. Throughout their marriage, they faced various ups and downs but always remained committed to each other until their separation in April of 2017.
Carmelo Anthony and La La Vazquez were married on July 10, 2010, in a lavish ceremony held at Cipriani’s in New York City. The wedding was attended by many high-profile celebrities and athletes including Justin Timberlake, LeBron James, and Spike Lee.
- The couple exchanged vows in front of over three hundred guests
- La La wore a Vera Wang gown for the ceremony while Carmelo wore a Calvin Klein suit
- The wedding reportedly cost around $1.5 million dollars
The reception included performances by artists such as Doug E. Fresh and DJ Clue. Guests dined on gourmet cuisine prepared by celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck.
Planning the wedding
The wedding guest list included many notable names from the worlds of sports, entertainment and fashion including:
- LeBron James (Carmelo Anthony’s friend and fellow NBA player)
- Spike Lee (Acclaimed film director who directed “He Got Game” which starred Carmelo Anthony)
- Kim Kardashian (Reality TV star who is also friends with La La Anthony)
In addition to the guests, there were several other aspects of the wedding that received media attention such as:
- Lala’s dress- She wore a Vera Wang gown adorned with Swarovski crystals.
- Carmelo’s attire – He wore an Ermenegildo Zegna suit complete with satin lapels.
- The rings – Carmelo gave LaLa a $2 million dollar engagement ring while she gifted him with his own diamond-studded band.
The ceremony and reception
The wedding ceremony and reception of Carmelo Anthony and La La were both star-studded events. The ceremony took place at Cipriani’s in New York City with the reception following at the legendary restaurant, Cipriani’s Dolci.
- The guest list included several notable names from the entertainment and sports world such as Justin Timberlake, Spike Lee, LeBron James, Kim Kardashian, Ciara, Ludacris and Kelly Rowland
- La La wore a beautiful Vera Wang gown for her big day while Carmelo opted for a sleek black suit
- After exchanging their vows, the couple hosted their guests to a luxurious reception which featured live performances by Robin Thicke and Doug E. Fresh
Carmelo Anthony and his wife enjoyed their marriage for nearly 7 years before they separated in April 2017. Despite this separation being announced publicly through various media outlets, it was revealed that neither party had filed for divorce as of June 2021.
The married life
Despite their separation, Carmelo Anthony and La La have remained amicable for the sake of their son Kiyan. They co-parent him together and even spent holidays like Christmas together as a family.
- In an interview with People magazine, La La stated that “We’re good. I mean we’ve been together for a really long time so we’re figuring out how to make it work for what is best for Kiyan.”
- Carmelo has also stated that his main priority is being there for his son: “My family is my motivation,” he said in an interview with Bleacher Report.
The first few years of marriage
Carmelo Anthony and La La were married for over seven years before they separated in 2017. During their first few years of marriage, the couple enjoyed success both personally and professionally:
- In 2011, Carmelo was traded to the New York Knicks where he signed a three-year extension worth $65 million
- La La began hosting her own reality TV show on VH1 called “La La’s Full Court Wedding” which documented the planning of their wedding ceremony
- The couple appeared together in various movies such as “Think Like a Man” and “Baggage Claim”
In addition to their individual accomplishments, Carmelo and La La welcomed a son named Kiyan Anthony who was born on March 7th, 2007. They also frequently attended events together including NBA All-Star games and fashion shows.
Challenges they faced as a couple
The separation proved to be difficult for both parties as they publicly struggled to come to terms with the end of their marriage. In an interview with Wendy Williams in 2019, La La revealed:
- “It’s been…a rollercoaster,” she said. “But I’m good. I’m trying to just take it one day at a time.”
Carmelo has also spoken about the challenges he faced during this time:
- “I think it was hard for me as far as publicly because it seemed like everything was just happening at once,” he said during an interview on ESPN’s First Take.
- “But then when you step back and you look at the situation and what’s going on, you know sometimes you gotta take yourself out of certain situations.”
In April 2017, it was reported that Carmelo and La La Anthony had separated after seven years of marriage. The couple had been experiencing marital problems for some time before their separation. Rumors circulated that the split was due to infidelity on Carmelo’s part.
- La La moved out of their family home in New York City following the split
- The couple remained amicable throughout the divorce process, with both parties focused on co-parenting their son Kiyan
The divorce proceedings were put on hold for a few years as the couple reportedly tried to reconcile. However, in 2019 they officially filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences.
- The settlement details are not publicly known but it is rumored that there was a prenuptial agreement in place which protected much of Carmelo’s wealth
- Both Carmelo and La La have spoken publicly about how difficult the divorce has been for them and their family
Reasons for the separation
Carmelo Anthony and La La separated in April 2017 after being married for seven years. The reasons for their separation are not entirely clear, but it is believed to be due to Carmelo’s infidelity.
The couple had previously faced rumors of marital problems before the separation was announced. According to sources close to the couple, some of the reasons that led to their split include:
- Allegations of Carmelo having a child with another woman
- Reports that he was seen on dates with other women
- Problems related to his career as a professional basketball player which resulted in him moving from New York City where La La lived with their son Kiyan.
In spite of these challenges, both Carmelo and La La have been committed to co-parenting their son Kiyan since their separation.
Public announcement and media attention
In April 2017, it was reported that Carmelo and La La Anthony had separated after seven years of marriage. The split was highly publicized in the media due to both parties’ celebrity status.
- The couple cited “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for their separation
- There were rumors of infidelity on Carmelo’s part which he denied
- The couple has not officially divorced but is rumored to be co-parenting their son together
Following the news of their separation, there was significant media attention focused on both Carmelo and La La Anthony:
- Carmelo Anthony’s personal life became a topic of discussion among NBA fans and analysts alike
- The media speculated about potential trades for him or where he would sign as a free agent
- La La Anthony made various appearances on talk shows such as “The Wendy Williams Show” where she discussed her relationship with Carmelo and how they were moving forward
Their son Kiyan has also played a role in bringing the two back together:
- Carmelo has mentioned that he wants to be there for his son and make things work with La La for him
- Kiyan is often seen courtside at basketball games cheering on his dad
Despite rumors of a reconciliation, neither Carmelo nor La La have publicly confirmed whether they are officially back together. However, they continue to co-parent their son and support each other’s endeavors.
Rekindling their relationship
In August of 2020, it was reported by various sources that the couple had officially reconciled and were giving their marriage another chance. This news came after months of speculation and social media posts from both parties which hinted at a possible reunion.
- Carmelo posted a throwback photo of him and La La with the caption “TMNT” (which stands for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a reference to an inside joke between them)
- La La posted photos on Instagram celebrating her birthday with Carmelo by her side
- The couple has not made an official statement regarding their reconciliation but have been seen out together multiple times since August
Fans are thrilled about this development as many have expressed support for the couple throughout their ups and downs. With over ten years of marriage under their belt, it seems like Carmelo Anthony and La La are determined to make things work for the long haul.
Working on their marriage
After separating in 2017, Carmelo Anthony and La La worked on their marriage and reconciled a year later. They have been working to strengthen their relationship ever since.
- In an interview with People magazine, La La said that the couple is “working through things”
- The couple has been seen attending various events together, including the 2021 Met Gala
- Carmelo Anthony also posted a heartfelt message to his wife on Instagram for her birthday in June 2021
The couple’s journey towards reconciliation has not been without its challenges. In an episode of Red Table Talk, La La spoke about how difficult it was to rebuild trust after their separation:
- “It’s hard when your trust is broken like that,” she said
- “But I truly believe that if two people are willing to work on themselves individually then you can come back together stronger.”
Despite these challenges, Carmelo Anthony and La La have shown a commitment to each other and continue to work towards building a strong foundation for their marriage.
In addition to basketball, Carmelo Anthony continues to be involved in various business ventures outside of sports. Some of these include:
- A partnership with luxury fashion brand Rag & Bone to create a limited-edition clothing line
- The creation of his own production company called Creative 7 which produces content for TV and film
- An investment in a startup called Hims & Hers which provides telemedicine services for men’s and women’s health needs
Carmelo Anthony’s legacy as one of the greatest scorers in NBA history is secure. However, it remains to be seen what other accomplishments he may achieve both on and off the court.
Current status of their relationship
As of now, Carmelo Anthony and La La are not together. They separated in April 2017 but have not yet filed for divorce. Despite their separation, the couple has remained amicable and supportive of each other.
- In a recent interview with People Magazine, La La stated that they are “the best of friends” and that she still loves him
- Carmelo has also spoken positively about his relationship with La La in interviews
Their focus since their separation has been on co-parenting their son Kiyan Anthony. Both parents have continued to be involved in Kiyan’s life and attend events together as a family.
As of now, there has been no official announcement from Carmelo Anthony about his future plans. However, he has expressed interest in continuing to play basketball and contributing to any team that signs him.
There have been rumors that he may consider retiring soon and pursuing other ventures such as:
- Becoming a sports analyst or commentator
- Pursuing acting opportunities
- Diving deeper into philanthropic work through The Carmelo Anthony Foundation
No matter what the future holds for Carmelo Anthony, it is clear that he will continue to make an impact both on and off the court.
Off the court, he has made significant contributions through his philanthropic efforts by establishing The Carmelo Anthony Foundation which supports various programs aimed at helping children and families in need. Additionally, he has also been involved with other charitable organizations like Feed the Children and Stand Up To Cancer.
Carmelo’s marriage to La La ended after seven years but they continue to co-parent their son Kiyan together. As both parents remain active in their respective careers, it’s clear that they will continue making strides individually while supporting each other along the way.
FAQ on ‘Carmelo Anthony and La La Were Married for This Many Year’
Q: When did Carmelo Anthony and La La get married?
A: Carmelo Anthony and La La got married on July 10, 2010.
Q: Did Carmelo Anthony and La La have any children together?
A: Yes, they have one son named Kiyan Anthony.
Q: When did Carmelo Anthony and La La separate?
A: They separated in April 2017.
Q: Are Carmelo Anthony and La La officially divorced?
A: As of September 2021, their divorce is still pending.