The Latest Update on Ian Somerhalder and Ninas Friendship
|Event||Ian Somerhalder||Nina Dobrev|
|2013 People’s Choice Awards||Thanked Nina in his acceptance speech||Not in attendance|
|2014 PaleyFest||Reunited with Nina on stage||Shared a friendly hug|
|2015 Comic-Con||Shared a friendly hug on stage||Not in attendance|
|2017 Golden Globes||Posted a photo with Nina on Instagram||Not in attendance|
|2019 Oscars||Posted a photo with Nina on Instagram||Not in attendance|
Introduction to Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev’s Friendship
Over time, their friendship grew stronger off-screen as well. Despite breaking up after three years of dating in 2013, the two remained close friends and continued working together until The Vampire Diaries ended in 2017. Since then, fans have been eagerly following updates about their friendship.
- In 2020, Nina posted a throwback photo with Ian on her Instagram account with a caption that read “Farewell dinner with team Somereed! So good catching up with these goofballs.”
- In an interview with Andy Cohen’s Watch What Happens Live show earlier this year, Ian revealed that he and Nina are still good friends who often catch up over Zoom calls.
Brief overview of Ian and Nina’s careers
Apart from their work on The Vampire Diaries, both actors have appeared in numerous other film and television projects over the years:
- Ian has starred in movies such as Pulse (2006), The Rules of Attraction (2002) and Tell Me You Love Me (2007).
- Nina has appeared in films like xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017), Flatliners (2017) and Lucky Day (2019).
Despite being busy with their respective careers, both Ian and Nina have remained close friends throughout the years. Let’s see what else they’ve been up to lately!
Description of how they met
Their on-screen chemistry led many fans to speculate about whether or not they were dating in real life. However, it wasn’t until 2011 that they confirmed their relationship publicly at the MuchMusic Awards. From then on, “Nian” (as fans fondly called them) became one of Hollywood’s most beloved couples.
Importance of their friendship to fans
Fans have also appreciated how open both actors have been about their friendship over the years:
- They’ve posted numerous photos and videos of each other on social media, much to the delight of “Nian” shippers everywhere.
- Both have spoken warmly about each other in interviews, expressing gratitude for their time together on The Vampire Diaries and beyond.
In short, Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev’s enduring friendship is a testament to their professionalism, maturity, and genuine affection for each other – qualities that are all too rare in Hollywood these days.
The Beginning of Ian and Nina’s Friendship
As their characters’ relationship developed over the course of the series, so did Ian and Nina’s friendship off-screen. They were often spotted hanging out together outside of work and attending events as a couple. However, even after they broke up in 2013, they remained close friends who continued to support each other both personally and professionally.
Early years of friendship
Ian and Nina first met on the set of The Vampire Diaries in 2009, where they were cast as love interests Damon Salvatore and Elena Gilbert. While their characters started off hating each other, their intense chemistry soon became undeniable.
- In an interview with Seventeen Magazine in 2010, Nina spoke about her friendship with Ian, saying “We expected the rumors. Like if I wasn’t dating Ian, I’d be dating Paul (Wesley). A lot of people who work together end up dating, so it wouldn’t be unusual.”
- However, at that time the two actors claimed to just be good friends who enjoyed spending time together both on and off set.
Despite this initial denial of a romantic relationship between them during these early years of their friendship, fans speculated that there was more going on behind-the-scenes than either actor was willing to admit.
Their first project together
Ian and Nina’s first project together was The Vampire Diaries, a supernatural drama series that premiered on the CW network in 2009. They played the roles of Damon Salvatore and Elena Gilbert, respectively.
- Their chemistry on screen was undeniable, and their portrayal of star-crossed lovers quickly became one of the show’s main storylines.
- Over time, they developed a close friendship off-screen as well.
Their work on The Vampire Diaries spanned eight seasons and cemented their status as two of Hollywood’s most sought-after actors. Fans continue to watch reruns of the show to this day, marveling at Ian and Nina’s performances as Damon and Elena.
How their friendship developed over time
Their bond has clearly stood the test of time, as they continue to support each other’s endeavors and keep in touch regularly. Fans can’t help but root for them to reunite someday – whether it be romantically or just as good friends!
The Relationship Between Ian and Nina
The couple’s breakup in 2013 came as a shock to many fans. While neither of them publicly stated a reason for their split, rumors suggested that it was due to conflicting work schedules and differing long-term goals. Despite this, they remained committed to maintaining a strong friendship both on and off-screen.
Rumors and speculation about their relationship
Despite all these rumors, neither Ian nor Nina ever commented publicly on the state of their relationship. Instead, they chose to focus on their friendship and professional collaboration both on- and off-screen.
In conclusion, while it may be unclear what exactly is going on between them now romantically (if anything), it’s clear that they continue to care deeply for each other as friends and colleagues.
Confirmation of their relationship
Finally, during an appearance at the MuchMusic Awards in June 2011, Ian and Nina went public with their romance. While accepting an award for “Best Kiss,” they shared a steamy smooch on stage – confirming what many fans had suspected all along!
How their romantic relationship affected their friendship
After their breakup in 2013, fans were worried that it would affect their on-screen chemistry and off-screen friendship. However, both Ian and Nina remained professional and committed to working together until the end of The Vampire Diaries.
In an interview with E! News in 2014, Ian spoke about their relationship post-breakup: “I think it’s good that we have a positive work relationship. We’re professional and respectful of each other.” He also went on to say that he was happy for Nina when she started dating her current boyfriend, Shaun White.
- Despite no longer being romantically involved, they continued supporting each other’s careers. For example:
- Ian shared a photo of Nina promoting her new show Fam on his Instagram account in 2019
- Nina congratulated Ian on his directorial debut with an Instagram post about his film Time Framed (2020).
The Breakup and Aftermath
After the breakup, both actors continued to work on The Vampire Diaries until its end in 2017. Despite initial reports of tension on set, they remained professional and supportive of each other throughout the show’s run.
- In 2019, during an appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, Nina revealed that she and Ian were “friends now” and that she was “grateful for it.”
- Ian also spoke about his friendship with Nina during a virtual reunion panel for The Vampire Diaries in November 2020. He described her as “one of [his] dearest friends” and said he was grateful to have worked with her for so many years.
Details of their breakup
Despite the end of their romantic relationship, both Ian and Nina remained committed to working together on The Vampire Diaries until its conclusion in 2017. Their friendship has continued to thrive even after going their separate ways romantically.
The impact of the breakup on their friendship
Their professionalism and maturity in handling the breakup earned them even more respect from fans. While it’s common for former couples to drift apart after a breakup, Ian and Nina have managed to maintain a strong friendship over the years. They’ve been open about how much they care about each other as friends and colleagues.
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight in 2019, Ian said “Nina is my really good friend now…I think it’s expected that when people go through breakups or divorces or whatever those things are that you’re supposed to somehow cut them out of your life after that healing process.”
How they dealt with working together after the breakup
In fact, their professionalism and ability to work together despite their personal history is something that many fans admired about them. It’s clear that Ian and Nina have a deep respect for each other both professionally and personally!
Recent Updates on Ian and Nina’s Friendship
Most recently, in June 2021, fans were thrilled to see Ian and Nina reunite virtually during an online reunion for The Vampire Diaries. During the event, they reminisced about their time on the show and expressed how much they appreciated each other’s friendship.
Despite being busy with their respective projects and personal lives, it’s clear that Ian and Nina’s bond has remained strong over the years. Fans can’t wait to see what they’ll do next!
Their current relationship status
It’s clear that Ian and Nina have moved on from their past romance but are still close as ever. Whether they’re catching up over Zoom or hanging out in person, fans will continue to follow their beloved friendship.
Recent public appearances together
While there haven’t been many recent public appearances of the two actors together due to COVID-19 restrictions, fans are still hopeful for more “Nian” moments in the future. In an interview earlier this year with Entertainment Tonight Online, Ian mentioned that he would be open to working with Nina again if the right project came along. Whether or not we’ll see them on screen together again remains to be seen but one thing is for sure – their friendship will always remain strong off-screen.
Comments from both Ian and Nina about their friendship
Despite their busy schedules, it’s clear that these two still make time for each other. Their friendship serves as an inspiration to fans all around the world!
The Future of Ian and Nina’s Friendship
While it’s uncertain what exactly lies ahead for these two friends, one thing is for sure – they’ll always share a special bond thanks to their time together on The Vampire Diaries. As fans eagerly await more news about Ian and Nina’s friendship, we can only hope that they continue to support each other both on-screen and off.
Possibility of a romantic reconciliation
Despite breaking up in 2013, Ian and Nina have remained close friends over the years. However, this hasn’t stopped fans from speculating about the possibility of a romantic reconciliation between the two.
- In a 2019 interview with E! News, Ian revealed that he would be open to reprising his role as Damon Salvatore if The Vampire Diaries were ever to make a comeback.
- Similarly, Nina has expressed interest in returning to Mystic Falls and even teased the idea of a reboot during an appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen earlier this year.
While there’s no word yet on whether or not a reunion is in store for “Nian,” it’s clear that their friendship remains strong regardless of their relationship status. Fans will undoubtedly continue to follow updates about their lives both on and off-screen!
Potential future projects together
While there haven’t been any official announcements about Ian and Nina working together again, the possibility is always there. In the meantime, fans can enjoy following their friendship both on-screen and off.
Fans’ reactions and hopes for their friendship
Regardless of whether or not they work together again, it’s clear that Ian and Nina’s friendship is as strong as ever. Their continued support for each other both personally and professionally is something that fans admire and appreciate greatly!
In conclusion, Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev’s friendship has stood the test of time despite their romantic relationship not working out. Fans continue to root for them as they support each other in their respective careers and personal lives.
- Whether it’s through throwback photos on social media or Zoom calls with each other, it’s clear that Ian and Nina have a deep bond that goes beyond their work together on The Vampire Diaries.
- It remains to be seen what the future holds for these two talented actors, but one thing is certain – fans will always hold a special place in their hearts for “Nian.”
We look forward to seeing what projects they’ll take on next and how they will continue to inspire us both individually and as friends!
Recap of Ian and Nina’s friendship
Their continued closeness has been heartwarming for fans who ship them as friends or otherwise. Whether they are attending events together or simply catching up over Zoom calls during quarantine times- their beautiful connection is undeniable!
Final thoughts on their relationship
In conclusion, Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev’s friendship is an example of how co-stars can form lasting bonds beyond their time working together. Fans will continue to follow their lives with excitement as they navigate Hollywood separately but together in spirit.
Importance of their friendship to fans and the entertainment industry.
In addition, their friendship has also had an impact on the entertainment industry:
- Their ability to work together after breaking up speaks volumes about their professionalism and dedication to their craft.
- The continued interest in updates about their friendship shows just how invested fans can be in celebrities’ personal lives – something that can drive media attention and influence trends in pop culture.
FAQ on ‘The Latest Update on Ian Somerhalder and Ninas Friendship’
Q: Have Ian and Nina been seen together recently?
A: There have been no recent sightings of them together in public.
Q: Did Ian Somerhalder attend Nina Dobrev’s wedding?
A: It is not known whether or not Ian attended Nina’s wedding as he did not post anything about it on social media.
Q: Do Ian and Nina keep in touch?
A: Yes, they reportedly keep in touch and support each other’s projects.
Q: Are there any plans for Ian and Nina to work together again?
A: There are currently no announced plans for them to work together again, but fans remain hopeful.