The Length of Courteney Cox and David Arquettes Marriage Will Surprise You
The Length of Courteney Cox and David Arquettes Marriage Will Surprise You
|Partner||Length of Marriage|
|Courteney Cox||11 years|
|David Arquette||13 years|
The Background of Courteney Cox and David Arquette’s Marriage
Their marriage lasted for over a decade before they announced their separation in October 2010. However, their divorce was only finalized three years later, in May 2013. During their marriage, Courteney and David welcomed one child together, a daughter named Coco who was born on June 13, 2004.
- They co-starred again in Scream sequels (2-4)
- In interviews after their separation announcement both said that they still loved each other
- In an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Arquette revealed he wanted to make a wrestling-themed bar with Cox called “Hammerlock” but she wasn’t interested
Courteney Cox’s Early Life and Career
In 1994, Courteney landed the role of Monica Geller on Friends which became one of the most successful television shows of all time. She starred alongside Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer for ten seasons until its finale in May 2004.
- Cox earned a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical for her role as Monica Geller on Friends
- In addition to acting roles during this period Cox also directed several episodes of Friends along with some music videos like ‘Promise Of A New Day’ by Paula Abdul
- The actress has been vocal about receiving cosmetic surgery procedures such as laser treatments for fine lines around her eyes and Botox injections over the years
David Arquette’s Early Life and Career
- The actor owns several nightclubs across America including Bootsy Bellows named after his mother who was once a burlesque dancer
- In 2020 he released ‘You Cannot Kill David Arquette’, a documentary about his journey back to wrestling and redemption after years of personal struggles with addiction and depression.
How They Met and Fell in Love
Courteney Cox and David Arquette met on the set of the horror movie “Scream” in 1996. At the time, Cox was still married to her first husband, actor David Horton. However, she and Arquette reportedly hit it off right away and became good friends.
- They starred together in several other movies including ‘Never Been Kissed’ and ‘3000 Miles to Graceland’
- In an interview with Rolling Stone, Arquette said that he fell in love with Cox during a trip they took to Las Vegas together
- The couple got engaged in June 1998 while on vacation in Florida and were married less than a year later at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco
The Length of Their Marriage
Courteney Cox and David Arquette met on the set of their horror-comedy movie Scream in 1996. They got married three years later on June 12, 1999.
Their marriage lasted for over a decade before they announced their separation in October 2010. However, their divorce was only finalized three years later, in May 2013.
- They remained business partners even after separating and continued to produce film and television projects together
- In an interview with People Magazine after finalizing their divorce, Cox said that she and Arquette are still “best friends” who love each other deeply but just couldn’t make the romantic side of things work
How Long Were They Married For?
Despite being married for over a decade, their marriage had its share of ups and downs. In October 2010 they announced their separation but it wasn’t until May 2013 that their divorce was finalized.
- In an interview with People magazine at the time of their separation announcement both Cox and Arquette said that they still loved each other very much but needed to take some time apart to figure things out
- The couple remained amicable after the divorce and continued co-parenting their daughter together while pursuing new relationships separately
Why Did Their Marriage Last So Long?
In addition to their shared interests, Courteney and David were also committed to making their marriage work despite any challenges that arose. In interviews after their separation announcement, both emphasized the importance of maintaining a good relationship for the sake of their daughter Coco.
- They sought counseling from time to time when things got tough in their relationship
- Cox has stated that she still considers Arquette one of her best friends today even though they are no longer married
The Ups and Downs of Their Relationship
Despite their split, Courteney Cox has spoken positively about her ex-husband David Arquette over the years:
- In an interview with People magazine following their divorce, she said that “he’s my best friend in the world”
- During a joint appearance on The Ellen Show to promote Scream 4 (which they filmed post-divorce), she called him “an amazing father” and said that they still loved each other
David Arquette has also been open about his love for Courteney Cox:
- In an interview with Yahoo! Entertainment promoting his documentary ‘You Cannot Kill David Arquette’, he revealed that he still wears his wedding ring as a symbol of his love for her.
Courteney Cox and David Arquette’s Children
Courteney Cox and David Arquette have one child together, a daughter named Coco Riley Arquette who was born on June 13, 2004.
- Coco has made appearances in some of her mother’s projects including Cougar Town
- Her godmother is Jennifer Aniston, Courteney’s Friends co-star
The Birth of Their Daughter Coco
Courteney Cox and David Arquette welcomed their daughter, Coco Riley Arquette on June 13, 2004. The birth of their child brought immense joy to the couple and their families.
- The name “Coco” was inspired by a mutual friend of the couple who is named Courteney Cox-Arquette
- In an interview with People magazine shortly after Coco’s birth, David said that he felt like the luckiest man alive and that seeing his wife give birth was the most amazing thing he had ever experienced
How Parenthood Changed Their Relationship
Courteney Cox and David Arquette’s relationship was significantly impacted by the arrival of their daughter, Coco. Parenthood brought them closer together as they navigated the challenges of raising a child while balancing busy careers in Hollywood.
- They both spoke publicly about how much they loved being parents
- In an interview with People magazine, Courteney stated that becoming a mother made her feel more confident and gave her life new meaning
- David also credited fatherhood with helping him get sober after years of struggling with addiction
Co-Parenting After Divorce
After their divorce was finalized in 2013, Courteney Cox and David Arquette made it clear that they were committed to co-parenting their daughter, Coco. Despite the challenges that come with raising a child after a divorce, they have managed to maintain a positive relationship for the sake of their daughter.
- The former couple has been spotted attending events together as a family, such as Coco’s school recitals and birthday parties
- In interviews, both Cox and Arquette have spoken about how important it is to communicate effectively when co-parenting
- They have also emphasized the importance of putting aside any personal issues or conflicts in order to prioritize their daughter’s well-being
The Reasons Behind Their Divorce
The reasons for Courteney Cox and David Arquette’s divorce were not publicly disclosed. However, in various interviews after their separation announcement, both of them mentioned that they had grown apart over the years and that their priorities had shifted.
- In an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, Cox revealed that she and Arquette were still very close despite their split and that they loved each other very much as friends
- Arquette later admitted to Howard Stern on his radio show that he had been unfaithful during their marriage which may have contributed to its breakdown
The Initial Separation
Courteney Cox and David Arquette announced their separation in October 2010 after 11 years of marriage. The couple issued a statement saying that they had agreed to a trial separation and would remain business partners for the sake of their production company, Coquette Productions.
- After announcing the split, Courteney revealed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show that they hadn’t had sex since separating
- In an interview with Howard Stern, David admitted to having an affair with Jasmine Waltz during his marriage to Cox which he called “a little fling”
The Divorce Settlement
Following their separation in 2010, Courteney Cox and David Arquette’s divorce was finalized three years later in May 2013. The couple reached a private settlement agreement which involved the division of their assets and child custody arrangements for their daughter Coco.
- The terms of the settlement were not disclosed publicly
- Both parties retained ownership of certain properties acquired during their marriage, including houses in Beverly Hills and Malibu
- They agreed to share joint legal and physical custody of Coco with each parent having her for one week at a time
Their Relationship Post-Divorce
After their divorce, Courteney Cox and David Arquette remained on good terms and have continued to co-parent their daughter, Coco. Here are some highlights of their relationship post-divorce:
- They both moved on romantically with other partners – Cox was engaged to Snow Patrol’s Johnny McDaid while Arquette married entertainment reporter Christina McLarty.
- The couple founded Coquette Productions together in 2004 and have continued to work together professionally.
- In an interview with People in 2020, Arquette revealed that he still loves Cox “with all his heart” and that they are “best friends”.
Life After Divorce
After their divorce, Courteney and David remained friends and co-parented their daughter, Coco. Both actors moved on with new partners.
- Courteney got engaged to musician Johnny McDaid in 2014 but they called off the engagement in 2015 before reconciling a year later
- In June 2021, it was reported that Courteney and Johnny had split up again but were still good friends
- David married Christina McLarty in April 2015 and they have two sons together named Charlie West Arquette and Augustus Alexis Arquette
Courteney Cox’s Career and Personal Life Post-Divorce
Following her divorce from David Arquette, Courteney Cox continued to act in both television and film. In 2014, she made a guest appearance on the hit TV show Shameless as character Jen Wagner. She also starred in the indie drama film Mothers and Daughters alongside Susan Sarandon.
- Cox was engaged to Snow Patrol’s Johnny McDaid but they called it off briefly before reconciling
- The actress has been open about her struggles with aging and fertility; at one point she considered adopting or using a sperm donor to have another child
- In 2021, it was announced that Cox would be reprising her role as Gale Weathers for the upcoming fifth installment of the Scream franchise
David Arquette’s Career and Personal Life Post-Divorce
Following his divorce from Courteney Cox, David Arquette continued to work in Hollywood and pursued other personal projects as well.
- In 2011, he appeared on Dancing with the Stars where he was partnered with professional dancer Kym Johnson. The couple made it to week seven before being eliminated
- In 2018, Arquette returned to wrestling and won the Championship title at a professional wrestling event in California.
- Arquette remarried Christina McLarty in April of 2015. They welcomed their first child together, a son named Charlie West in April of 2014 and their second child Augustus Alexis in March of 2017
The Current Relationship Between Courteney Cox and David Arquette
Following their divorce, Courteney Cox and David Arquette have remained on good terms. They share joint custody of their daughter Coco and are often seen attending events together with her. However, they both moved on to new relationships.
- Courteney began dating Snow Patrol musician Johnny McDaid in 2013 after meeting through mutual friend Ed Sheeran
- In an interview with People magazine, David revealed that he was engaged to entertainment reporter Christina McLarty in July 2014 after welcoming a son named Charlie West Arquette earlier that year
The Legacy of Courteney Cox and David Arquette’s Marriage
In addition to their professional collaborations, Cox and Arquette continue to co-parent their daughter Coco despite their divorce.
- Arquette told People Magazine in 2020: “We love each other… We’re dear friends… Even though our relationship didn’t work out romantically, we wanted to still remain great friends and parents together.”
Their marriage also remains a topic of interest among fans due to its unexpected length compared to other Hollywood marriages.
The Impact of Their Relationship on Hollywood
Courteney Cox and David Arquette’s relationship had a significant impact on Hollywood, not only because they were both successful actors but also because of their public personas as a couple.
- Their marriage was often in the spotlight due to their fame, which made them one of the most talked-about couples in Hollywood during that time
- They worked together on several projects including Scream 1-4 where they played a married couple named Dewey Riley and Gale Weathers
- Their separation after over ten years of marriage was widely reported by the media at the time, which sparked discussions about celebrity relationships and divorce
Lessons Learned from Their Marriage and Divorce
Their marriage and eventual divorce taught Courteney Cox and David Arquette many lessons. Here are a few:
- Communication is key in any relationship: Both actors have spoken about how communication was lacking in their marriage, which contributed to its breakdown.
- Personal struggles can affect a relationship: Arquette struggled with addiction during his marriage, and has been open about how it affected his behavior towards Cox. It’s important to address personal struggles before they negatively impact the relationship.
- Celebrity marriages aren’t immune to problems: Despite being two successful actors, Cox and Arquette still faced marital issues that led to their separation. Fame doesn’t make relationships perfect.
The Enduring Friendship Between Courteney Cox and David Arquette
Despite their separation and divorce, Courteney Cox and David Arquette have maintained a close friendship over the years. Here are some interesting facts about their enduring friendship:
- The two remained business partners in Coquette Productions which they co-founded in 2004
- In an interview with People Magazine, Cox described Arquette as her “best friend” and said that he knows her better than anyone else
- Arquette has been very supportive of Cox’s career, often attending events with her and even appearing on Cougar Town, a show that she starred in after Friends ended.
Conclusion: The Surprising Length of Courteney Cox and David Arquette’s Marriage
In the end, while their relationship didn’t last forever, Courteney Cox and David Arquette will always be remembered for the time they spent together as a married couple. Fans still look back fondly on the years when Monica Geller met Deputy Dewey Riley.
FAQ on ‘The Length of Courteney Cox and David Arquettes Marriage Will Surprise You’
Q: When did Courteney Cox and David Arquette get married?
A: They got married on June 12, 1999.
Q: Did Courteney Cox and David Arquette have any children together?
A: Yes, they have a daughter named Coco Riley Arquette who was born on June 13, 2004.
Q: When did Courteney Cox and David Arquette separate?
A: They separated in October of 2010.
Q: Are Courteney Cox and David Arquette still friends after their divorce?
A: Yes, they have remained good friends even after their divorce. They co-parent their daughter Coco together.