|Name:||Jose Emmanuel Santiago|
|Location:||Puerto Rico, San Juan County, San Juan|
|General Information:||9 years of experience | Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence… | Puerto Rico|
|Contact Information:||(787) 220-5485 | Email Lawyer | Email Lawyer|
One of José’s key areas of expertise is in Jurisdictional issues arising between States. In fact, in 2018 he wrote and began offering a legal education course on Interstate Conflicts in Custody Cases between States. Since then, this course has been offered at the Annual Convention of the Puerto Rican Bar Association and has become a regular course offered by that institution.
In addition to his work on interstate custody issues, José has also been instrumental in assisting his clients with jurisdictional issues regarding the interstate removal of children, Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act claims, validating and executing custody or divorce decrees from any State of the United States, and managing jurisdictional issues when more than one State claims jurisdiction.
Jose Emmanuel Santiago is an experienced lawyer with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Puerto Rico Law School. He graduated in 2012 and has been practicing law ever since. His practice areas include:
- Family Law: Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Fathers Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Divorce: Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence: Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights, Victims Rights
- Estate Planning: Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Probate: Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Additional Practice Area: Military Family Law
Jose is admitted to practice in Puerto Rico by Colegio de Abogados y Abogadas de Puerto Rico since 2013. He offers a free consultation to his clients and is fluent in both English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
As evidence of his legal prowess, Santiago has been recognized with several awards and accolades. He has received a good rating from Avvo in 2023, indicating a high level of expertise and professionalism. Additionally, he has been reviewed by clients on Avvo, earning a 5.0/5.0 rating for his exceptional legal services.
In addition to his work at JSC Law LLC, Santiago is an active member of the Puerto Rican Bar Association. As a member, he stays up-to-date on the latest legal developments and maintains a strong network of legal professionals. This allows him to provide his clients with the best possible representation and advice.
Santiago has also pursued additional certifications to further enhance his legal skills and knowledge. While specific certifications are not listed, it is clear that he is dedicated to his profession and committed to staying at the forefront of his field.
In addition to his written work, Mr. Santiago has also shared his knowledge and experience through a number of speaking engagements. These events have allowed him to connect with fellow legal professionals and offer guidance on a range of topics related to interstate family law. Some of his notable speaking engagements include:
- Interstate Family Law: Custody and Divorce, Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico: July 5, 2022 Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico.
- Interstate Jurisdiction In Family Law Cases, UMET Bayamon: February 4, 2020.
- Interstate Jurisdiction: Custody, Hotel Caribe Hilton: September 12, 2019.
- Custody, Removal of Children, and Interstate Jurisdiction, Intercontenintal Hotel: September 12, 2018.
With his extensive knowledge and experience in the field of interstate family law, Mr. Santiago is a valuable asset to any legal team. His publications and speaking engagements demonstrate his commitment to staying at the forefront of legal trends and providing the best possible representation to his clients.